Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: The government runs many schemes for the daughters from time to time. Because the sex ratio of daughters is continuously falling in the country, which is a matter of concern. The government has made strict laws on abortion of the girl, yet people are not aware of it. The biggest reason for this is that people are not interested in educating the girl considering her as foreign money, and considering her marriage as a burden, they keep worrying about her and start adding money for her marriage as soon as she is born. They think that if we spend money on studies, then from where the money will go for its marriage. But now there is no need to panic, the government has started many schemes like Sukanya, under which the government helps you in adding money for the education and marriage of the daughter.
We will give you complete information about Sukanya Yojana in this article so that all of you will be able to take advantage of it.
Objective of Sukanya Yojana
Purpose of this scheme Almost all of you must have understood that what is the purpose of the government behind starting this scheme. Its biggest purpose is to promote the birth of the daughter, to promote her education, and to reduce the burden of marriage so that the parents of the daughter can give her full due love to her without worrying about the daughter’s marriage. Because no parent wants to take away the happiness of their children, but due to lack of money, they do so even if they do not want to. Just for this, the government has started this scheme. Increasing the decreasing number of girls.
Sukanya samridhi yojana
Corona has spoiled the economic condition of everyone in the country. This has also affected the Indian economy, due to which the RBI has also reduced the repo rate. The government has reduced the interest rates of Sukanya and many such small schemes. Under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the interest rate on post office RD and time deposit for 1 to 3 years has been reduced by 1.4 percent. 0.8% has been reduced in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This will reduce the maturity amount of the beneficiaries linked to this scheme. The rate of interest paid under this scheme has come down from 8.4% p.a. to 7.6%.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
We will explain this scheme to you in easy language:-
- Under this scheme, an account has to be opened in the name of the daughter.
- To open an account under this, the daughter’s age should be less than 10 years.
- From 1 thousand to 1.50 lakh rupees can be deposited in this account if the name of the daughter will be opened .
- A person can deposit money according to his capacity in this account opened in the name of his daughter.
- You have to deposit money only for 14 years from the date of opening the account.
- This account matures when the daughter completes 21 years.
- There is also a rule in this that when the girl turns 18, then half of the money can be withdrawn from this account.
- The account will be closed as soon as the girl completes 21 years and her family members will get the amount deposited in it.
- If the daughter is married between 18 and 21 years of age, the account is closed at that time.
- In case of delay in installment or payment due to any reason, penalty of Rs 50 has to be paid.
Where to open the account and the conditions for it
To take advantage of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, it is important to know that where you have to open an account for this. For this, you can open an account at either the post office or the bank. There are many government and private banks where accounts can be opened for this scheme. In the accounts opened under Sukanya Yojana, the exemption was provided under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Under this scheme, the beneficiary can open the account of his two daughters. If a girl child becomes three after the birth of a twin, in this situation, by giving evidence, she can open an account for all three under this scheme. The age of the daughter should be less than 10 years at the time of opening the account.
Documents Required for Sukanya Yojana
For this the following documents are required:-
- daughter’s birth certificate
- Basic address proof
- identity card
- Aadhar Card
- Photograph of daughter and her guardian (parent or legal guardian)
Sukanya Samridhi yojana application process
The guardian who wants to open an account for his daughter under this scheme has to first download the account opening form for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. Fill this form carefully and attach all the required documents with it and submit it to the bank or post office. You will also have to deposit the amount at the time of submitting the form.
Thanks For Visiting this website any doubt you can comment below, you want to latest updates on this type of useful information just follow on Google News